mort mot juste

outubro 13, 2007

snowed-in

child
stick
child
snow
do i even know you?

well humor me a little since you're here
i'll show you how,

just tell me:
-that i'll grow hands
-that i'll grow legs
-that i'll grow skin
-that i'll feel cold

oh don't you drop the list on the ground,
i beg of you.
the effort of writing lists
when you have no fingers.

you wouldn't understand.

the moon replaces the children
who am i talking to?
to myself
again
damn winter. i say
either you melt me or
you help me
no use for moonlight
where i'm standing.

i'm a freaking snowball
and oddly,
an emotional one.

my tile eyes
despite the fact that they're tiles
do long for a certain snowboy
they even glow.

even though i'm a snowball i can assure you
i qualify for being in love.
i could be a human just like you.

it just turns out


i'm not.

humor me i'll glow
oh what's the point?
i'll never move
i'll never talk
you'll never know

there's some tragedy
in the fact that
i'd be buried in snow up to
my neck
if i had a neck,

snowed-in,
and thinking of you.

maria 12:27 PM 3 vociferando estavam



ao rés da fala