mort mot juste

novembro 20, 2007

fire breathes the earth in and nothing can be saved

Steps on grass,
my own true star
hanging from above like a
necklace to the night.

Grasshopper i am,
they are
Souls in cages made of clouds
a hundred thousand souls
pumping rain out of their cages
and onto our heads.

The prison camp
was
a mirror for the earth
i prayed aloud with
trembling words i wanted
to save the world
i wanted to save
myself.
high officials all reduced
to nothing, voiceless
and deaf
the lives they led
made no difference
no difference when the stars
began to fall

a myriad of deeds done
on solid ground
swallowed by the dirt
a hundred thousand prayers
of prisoners unheard

i try to save a friend
from a falling star
it hits her
and the sparks hit me
i'm blinded and my friend
can no longer cry for help.

i search for her
my hands cannot feel
so i cry over her
only a few dry tears
"my friend is dead,
everybody else's friends
are dead."

my mother passed away
of fear,
my father felt defeated
then closed his eyes for good
my brother was the drop
of life the heat of stars dried out,
along with my tears
and the ocean
and the rivers.


all there is and all there ever was
burns and the fire is blue and
three hundred and thirty three
miles tall
the Ear that used to hear us
sleeps

the angels topple
like birds
in hunting season, mangled
they try to bury
each body in a grave of oblivion
and holiness,
from my own grave i warn
their sacred hands

if you touch my father
the gods will punish you
you cannot bury my father
he is made of gold metal,
he is made of gold metal,
he is made of gold.

maria 1:10 PM 2 vociferando estavam



ao rés da fala